Join us for a day of fun! This year’s Pedal Party is October 19, 2013–as always, the third Saturday in October. For pictures from previous years, check out the Pedal Party history page.
- 7:30-9:00 Breakfast sold at Paul’s Garage on North Main
- 8:30 Parade participants should line up at 8:30 at King Street Center.
- 9:30-10:15 Parade – Bring your bike, your horse, or your tractor and join in! Stay right there on Main Street to watch the bike games: Skid Row, Slow Bike, and others.
- 10:00-1:00 Silent Auction/Raffle in the bus barn
- 10:30-2:00 Great entertainment by local talent on the stage south of the Bus Barn. Come enjoy the show!
- 11:00-12:00 Unicycle Hockey in the school parking lot
- 11:00-1:00 Mini Golf by the picnic shelter. Entrants design a hole and players pay $1 to play and decide the winner.
- 11:00-2:00 Pulled Pork Lunch sold by Plainview Church/JAM youth group in the bus barn
- 11:00-2:00 Carnival games for younger children north of the bus barn
- 12:00-2:00 Pedalin’ Zoo displays all those inventive pedaling contraptions on the east side of the gym. Come put your name in the drawing for a “recycled cycle”. Jousting on bikes returns with new targets.
- 12:00-3:00 The Photography Booth is back. Come have fun with your friends.
- 1:00-5:00 Antique Tractor Pull by city office on Main Street. Come watch the competition.
- 2:00-2:30 Announcement of winners of trophies and bikes. Silent Auction and raffle winners announced from the stage area.
- 2:30-3:30 “Minute to Win It“–come watch these wacky challenges.
- 5:00-8:00 Partridge High School Dinner and all school reunion in the grade school gym
Ongoing activities all day
History exhibits and poetry entries on display in the art room. Besides photos of the town through the decades, there will be a place for you to record a story. The poetry contest is open to all with youth and adult divisions. There are still more plans being made. Watch our website for schedule changes.
Need more information?
- For the parade, call Wayne Henderson at 620-567-2755.
- For bike activities, call Jay Yoder at 620-567-3102
- For entertainment, call Annette Mathias at 620-567-3041.
- For food and vendors, call Joy Nisly at 620-200-4663.
- For other activities, call Chris Terrill at 620-567-2723.
More ways to contribute
- Bring pictures and other items from your time in Partridge to share in the history exhibit.
- Write a story about an incident or your memories of life in Partridge and send them to Chris by October 10.
- Make a donation. We are looking for sponsors for the different events so we can keep most of the events free so all can participate.
- To help, contact Chris Terrill at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to her at 11404 W. Illinois, Partridge, KS 67566.